FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(Fan Account) A Fangirl's Visit to JI HOO SUNBAE's HOUSE!!

WAHHHHH!!!! I love love love love this!! Thanks Mishy Co for sharing me your story!!! And geez! I envy you LOADS!!!! 

According to her, the house was MAGICAL! I say, YEAH!!!!!!


And yeah, Mishy, I edited some parts for overseas fans to understand. Hope you dont mind.. hehe

Credit: Mishy Co
Shared for kathysbench.blogspot.com

----

It has always been my dream to see Korea since I started watching Boys Over Flowers. Tried searching the rates of “Boys Over Flowers Filming Location Tours” and geeesh I just can’t afford it. Good thing there’s google. I then searched some of my BOF favorite scenes’ filming locations and saw “Gyeongju”. 

I visited Shillah Millenium Park where Ragung hotel in Gyeongju is located. Ragung Hotel is the setting for JIHOO SUNBAE’s traditional Hanok home. Ragung’s a high-class hotel & it consists of 16 separate rooms which are connected by corridors. Known to many, JI HOO SUNBAE is my fave in BOF. As in for a time , (ok…until now) I’m in love with his character. 

Usually, visitors who are not checked-in are not allowed to go inside the hotel…Fans just stay outside and take photos from there. But I’m sorry di ako papayag!!! So I used my usual mapilit attitude with charm and I pretended to be interested in booking. (I acted rich and normal for me to enter, I pretended not to be a FAN! As if I don’t know JI HOO SUNBAE but ah ah no,deep inside I wanted to shout the moment I saw the hotel. IT WAS LIKE WOW I CAN SEE THE FACADE but I just couldn't stay outside as I went all the way to Korea to see this!) Don’t ask me how much, let's pretend it was just natural when I heard that it’s P40,000/ night per person?. And guess what? The GM of the Ragung Hotel even invited me for a breakfast the morning after. I acted cool as if I was a fan.... GM made me tell my story how hard for them to control fans to me! Haha! 



The construction of the hotel required the largest number of specialized carpenters since the restoration of Gyeongbokgung Palace. Ragung was actually the name for the royal palace during the Silla dynasty. Guestrooms include private gardens and hot spring baths”. I also enjoyed Shiillah Millenium Park, as it’s Korea’s very first HISTORICAL theme park, setting of Boys Over Flowers ( where Jan Di and Ji Hoo Sun Bae had a date! OHMYYYYYYYYYY!) and Queen Seandeok.

Here are some of her photos!









2 comments:

  1. I just saw this! Thank you for posting! Im still giggly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! Such a cool experience! I was actually able to go there just last year! I did get to see Ji Hoo Sunbae's home and got a tour! My guide got me in! She told them I was interested in booking, but it was booked up, which was true. They ended up having a cancellation, but I would have had to change train tickets and other reservations and make a nightmare for my travel agent, so I didn't stay. :( But I got to see it and got pics, which was a thrill! Take care!

    ReplyDelete